These 02 post-production techniques are examples of techniques that are easy to learn but takes much more ‘value’ to your images. First, have you ever wondered how graphic artists make the text appear as if it was written on objects in Photoshop? The key is not only to place text on an object, but actually make that text interaction with the object so that it seems to be part of it. The process involves using Photoshop which is known as a “moving map.” “Personally, I found this technique was much harder than it actually is, that the YouTube channel Cristi Kerekes Eye Stocker shows how easy it can be from the process.
Here are the steps:
- Create a displacement map in Photoshop. Use the Channels panel to locate the one with the most contrast. Duplicate that channel.
- Photoshop will create a new document that represents the channel you duplicated. Next, gaussion blur the image enough to get rid of texture. Choose a low value. Save the document as a .psd.
- Choose the text tool and select a 50% grey as the color.
- Write the desired text in the desired font.
- Right click on the text layer, and convert the text to smart object.
- Next, go to Filter –> Distort– -> Displace. The higher the value here, the more intense the effect. Here, the instructor used “7.” Stretch to fit, and repeat edge pixels. Photoshop will ask you to select a file, which you will use as the one created earlier.
- Make sure the text layer is selected, then change the blending mode to “Linear Burn.”
- You’ll start to see it working! Next, to make the text less sharp to look more realistic, use Gaussion Blur again, and blur it to fit your desired level.
- Right click on the text layer and pick “Blending options.” Use the bottom two sliders to adjust the opacity of different contrast levels to what you think looks right.
- Finally, adjust the text layer opacity to be a bit more realistic, probalby around 80% opacity.
You can always find the settings that he chose to tailor his specific image to better meet your image but these steps need to provide an excellent framework for your individual image.
Second, you can easily get rid of “dark circles” around a person’s eyes with a little Photoshop. Although there are different ways to do this, the path Mathieu Stern.