How to scan QR code on an iPhone and Snapcodes
QR code are coming back and it’s easier than ever to scan on an iPhone! Here’s how to scan QR code, Facebook Messenger codes, Snap codes, and more.
Now you can capture QR code without installing an application. All you have to do is hold the iPhone camera. It’s very easy for us to finally start using them.
The problem with the QR code in the past was that our phones did not scan themselves, you had to download and open an application, and who would bother you?
QR code contained information that included links to websites, email addresses, phone numbers, tickets, passes, and coupons. They provide direct access so you do not have to enter information that will bring you where you will be (or disclose the information that the marketing person who created the code wants to see).
Unfortunately, experience has never been so rewarding, and usually, once it did, no one did it again. This supposes I did it once.
Now the QR code are make coming back a bit. You will see QR code linked to increased reality and you will also see them in the form of Snap codes, Spotify codes and Messenger codes. All this means that you can expect to see some more QR code. And when they do, scanning will be much easier than it was thanks to a new feature of the iOS 11 camera.
How to scan a scan QR code with iPhone
- Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 11.
- Open the camera on your iPhone and point it to the code.
- Make sure the QR code is targeted and clearly visible on your iPhone screen.
- When your iPhone recognizes the QR code you will see a notification that reveals hidden information within the QR code, for example, can preview the guide link code.
- If you do not see this notification, try zooming in or touching the QR code to focus on the best.
- Tap the notification to go to the Web page, ring the phone number, or send an email to the contact.
We found it a bit unreliable: we got our best results when we enlarged the QR Code.
See Also: How to change Language on iPhone
Try scanning this QR code to open the Macworld site:
How to scan QR Codes Facebook Messenger with the iPhone
You may have noticed that the image of your profile on Facebook Messenger is surrounded by dots and dashes.
This is a Messenger code, and is a bit like a QR code as it contains data that you can unlock with the iPhone application.
- To add a new contact to Messenger using the code, open Messenger
- Tap People
- Tap the scan code
- Hold the Messenger Video Camera over the code to fit the circle
- It will scan it and add them as a contact.
To see someone’s Messenger code, tap your icon in the upper-left corner of FaceBook Messenger or tap People> Code Scanning> My Code.
How to scan the Snap codes with the iPhone
Even the White House (when Obama was president) made a Snapcode, and was his Twitter profile for a while.
- To add a person to Snapchat via the Snapcode, you must need to point your Snapchat camera to the code.
- Tap the code to scan.
- Snapchat will add the details of your new friend to your Snapchat contacts.