Here’s how to setup and activate an iPhone so it can be used without a SIM card, a child, or somebody who doesn’t have a mobile contract
If you have a spare iPhone that you want to send to a baby to use without a SIM card or someone gave you an old iPhone that you want to use like an iPod touch or an iPad because you do not have a SIM card iPhone without putting a SIM card in the SIM tray.
You will be happy to know that there is a way to activate the iPhone without the need for a SIM card.
You could also look for a way to turn on the iPhone without having to be connected to a WiFi network. We have a method that will also allow you to do so.
There are several ways to activate an iPhone without using a SIM card or Wi-Fi connection, and we all copy this into this article. Not all methods are guaranteed to work for you, so be prepared to try a couple of them.
I hope this process is more demanding if
card from the operator that you can use temporarily. If not, find out how to unlock an iPhone so you can use any SIM.
How To Factory Reset iPhone
Activate your iPhone with another person’s SIM
There are some of the methods outlined below that can make your iPhone enabled without using a SIM card, but by far the easiest way to activate an iPhone so you can use it without a SIM card. WiFi so you can use it as if you were an iPad or an iPod touch – is to borrow someone from SIM and activate it, then remove the SIM. That’s how:
What you need:
- A SIM removal tool
- A good friend that will allow you to borrow a SIM
- If your iPhone is locked in a particular company, you may need to make sure that the SIM card you are requesting from the same network
- Access to a WiFi network
How to activate your iPhone:
- Remove the SIM card from the other iPhone
- Put it on your iPhone
- Switch to the usual configuration options, including WiFi access
- Wait while the iPhone is turned on
- Remove the SIM card and return it to your friend
- You can now use your iPhone, simply will not be able to make phone calls (unless you do it with Skype, FaceBook Messenger, Whatsapp, or FaceTime)
Activate your iPhone with iTunes
This method may work for you, but it depends on the phone being locked on a particular network. If your phone is locked in a network, read this article: How to unlock an iPhone.
If the phone is locked on a particular network and has a SIM card on that network, it is best to turn on the phone using the method described above. The only reason you want to use the iTunes method is if you do not have WiFi access.
What you need:
- An iPhone unlocked
- A computer that is running iTunes
How to activate your iPhone
- Make sure iTunes is up-to-date, or if you do not already have iTunes, download it for free via the Apple website.
- After installing iTunes, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- You may receive a screen message on screen “There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone that you are trying to activate”, indicating that your phone is locked in a particular company. In this case, you need to find an appropriate SIM to borrow to activate the iPhone. Simply use the SIM during activation. (And if you use a SIM card, you will not need to activate it via iTunes). Check out the above method to activate your iPhone.
- Assuming your phone is not locked in a business, you will see a screen message in iTunes explaining what to do and the details needed to fill in to activate your iPhone.
- Once activated, you can use your iPhone on a WiFi network, like an iPad or an iPod touch.
How To Enable Flash In Chrome
Activate the iPhone using the emergency call function
You may have seen reports suggesting to activate an iPhone without a SIM card calling emergency services.
Not only do we want to discourage you from unnecessarily calling emergency services, but also to warn you that when we tried this method, it did not work at all. We think it has been patched.
Jailbreak your iPhone
If everything else fails, you can always try to get rid of your iPhone. This invalidates the warranty, but if you have an old iPhone that is locked, it might be the best way to get it back.
We have a complete guide on how to make a jailbreak on an iPhone or iPad, which will go through the jailbreak of your iPhone and, hopefully, let you turn it on and unlock it.